Due to the generosity of the Jane Elizabeth Cohen Foundation, we have been able to relocate the Historic RittenhouseTown Visitor Center, Administrative Offices and Gift Shop to the ca. 1845 Enoch Rittenhouse Home. As part of this work, we have recreated the Front Parlor to look as it might have in the late 1800’s.
Jane Cohen is a descendant of the last Rittenhouse family to live in the village at the Enoch Rittenhouse Home. Cousins Christine Rittenhouse Russell and Tom Rittenhouse joined with friends and supporters to dedicate the Parlor to Jane’s Mother, Ella RittenhouseCohen, and her Grandmother, Elizabeth Rittenhouse Schultz.
The room will serve as a repository for artifacts donated by members of the Rittenhouse family. This spring we will restore the exterior of the structure with the Foundation’s support.