Position: Education Program Coordinator
Historic Rittenhouse Town, a National Historic Landmark District and nonprofit organization located in the Wissahickon Valley section of Fairmount Park, seeks a part-time Education Program Coordinator. The person hired for this role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Historic Rittenhouse Town’s Education Program. The Education Program Coordinator reports to Historic Rittenhouse Town’s Executive Director.
Historic RittenhouseTown is the 1690 site of British North America’s first paper mill. The mill and its adjacent buildings were built by the Rittenhouse family. Only six original buildings and twenty-acres of land remain today. Since 1984, Historic RittenhouseTown has welcomed thousands of area youth. Program participants tour the site, make paper using the same techniques at the Rittenhouse family, participate in colonial cooking demonstrations in the site’s original 18th century bake house and learn what life was like for children living in the village in the 18th century. The Education Program meets state requirements and often supplements in-class learning in critical ways.
- Maintenance of the education program’s calendar
- Communication with participating schools and tour groups
- Collection of deposits and program fees
- Management and scheduling of the program’s historic interpreters and teaching artists
- Oversight of all pre-visit and day-of-visit logistics
- Ordering of program supplies
- General program administration
- Assistance with grant writing
- Experience working in an historic site or museum
- Experience managing an active program calendar
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn and disseminate RittenhouseTown’s history
- Ability to work off-site on days with no school or tour groups
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability and willingness to clean or rearrange furniture when necessary (trash removal, sweeping, dusting, set-up and breakdown of tables and chairs)
Hours per week: 15-20
Hourly rate: $18
To apply, email you resume to Ms. Chris Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org. A brief statement of interest or cover letter may be included in the body of the email. Enter ‘Education Program Coordinator: ‘Your Name’ in the subject line. All application must be received by December 31, 2017.